Google Adwords Display
This is a quick guide to the fundamentals and terminology of Display advertising on Google’s Adwords network.
Google Adwords – Display
The Display Network is a collection of Google and Partner websites that display video, image, text and mobile ads that the Adwords platform matches against the page’s content. Depending on the goal of the advertiser, the Display network can help with:
- Branding – by driving awareness, as the advertiser can choose where the ads should appear and who should see them or
- Performance – by driving sales that can be tracked and attributed to the ad
Decide on keywords:
- Create ad groups for each campaign or product
- Choose keywords that you think might be relevant
Decide who you want to target:
- Affinity: based on interests and lifestyle
- Demographics: age and location
- Remarketing: to target those who have visited the site already
Decide how you want to budget:
- CPC – Cost per click – You pay what’s required to rank higher than the ad position immediately below yours
Monitor the results by setting up Conversion tracking in your account.