Splitting a cell – Text to columns
Here’s how to split a cell into two, or more, in a few easy steps using the Text to Columns wizard.
- Highlight the range or the whole column to be separated.
- Make sure there is enough space to the right for the cells to split, if you have data here it will be overwritten.
- On the Ribbon go to Data > Text to Columns and the wizard will open
- Select Fixed Width if you are sure all the data is the same length or Delimited if there is symbol or space you want to use to tell Excel where to split.
- If you have chosen to split by a delimiter then select one or more delimiters to use like space. @ can be used to split an email address to show domain names in one column.
- Click finish and you’re done.